Need Help With Shed Hunting!!

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
mule man
Fawn
Fawn

Need Help With Shed Hunting!!

Post by mule man » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:14 pm

Alright obviously this year is done for shed hunting but for next year id like some input in how to actually get it done, i've never tried it but id liek some nice sheds, its different up here in B.C due to the fact theres the mountain ranges and what not so whatever info you have on plains shed hunting and mountain shed hunting id appreciate...
Hunting isn't somthing you do, it's somthing you live.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:12 pm

1st off I'm no expert at this, been out a few times. I assume you know where the deer are during the winter range? How far do they move from Summer to Winter Range up there?

Basically you get our and hike alot, a whole lot of walking. Cover as much ground as possible. Glassing with binoculars is also a very popular and productive method. Get up on a ridge line where you can see lots of area and just GLASS.

And last but not least, make sure your in an area where you know some deer drop them. You obviously won't find a shed if deer don't live in the area.

mule man
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mule man » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:15 pm

Ya the hard part is find where they winter here there all over the place but ill watch that this year forsure, is the area you shed hunt in relitivly flat or plains liek with hills or is it quite mountainous?
Hunting isn't somthing you do, it's somthing you live.

team_predator_6
Fawn
Fawn

Blacktail sheds.

Post by team_predator_6 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:26 pm

I have trouble finding Blacktail sheds. It seems like I can never find them. I live in Oregon where its all mountains so I guess I just have to cover more ground. Team_Predator_6
Bowhunting is the only way to go