I would but......

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
canyonhunter
Spike
Spike

I would but......

Post by canyonhunter » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:03 pm

When I was 6(now i'm 13) it was 80 yards off a road that was traveled alot.I found a 7 point elk shed(my first shed). We videoed me picking it up. A week later a person came to my house to talk to my dad. My dad showed him my shed and he offered me $40 dollars for it, even being a 6 year old I said no. the next day my dad told me to move the pile of sheds in front of our house to the back of the house. While I was doing so, I noticed my first shed was gone. Who could be so inconsiderate to steal a shed from a 6 year old. It made me so mad
My dad said if the other side matched it would be about a 385-390 bull. That made me SOOO mad!
Sorry I don't even have the video of me picking it up because my dads friend videoed it on his camera and he doesn't live here any more.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I would but......

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:09 am

Bummer on the theft.

AntlersOutWest
4 point
4 point

Post by AntlersOutWest » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:05 am

Thats why I dont leave mine out side.. Too many non trustworthy people. Besides they will weather..
I keep all mine in my basement..

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:25 am

Too bad on your first shed. :>/ I don't even know how many sheds I used to have when I was still in high school but it was alot. I had treated them with oil so they wouldn't weather and placed them all in the desert rock garden my parents had around the front yard of our house. I had a few sets of 150 deer sheds and some monster sets of elk sheds that I had collected over the years. Needless to say my senior year of high school I got up to go do chores on the ranch one morning and walked out to get in the truck and every single antler was gone. Talk about PO'd!!!! ](*,) Anyways never figured out who stole them but we now keep all of our antlers locked up in the shed.
I don't know who is so obsessed with antlers that they go and steal them out of peoples yards but whoever they are they need to get a life.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28