Training...

Talk anything related to bowhunting
'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Training...

Post by 'Ike' » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:58 pm

How's your training going...Turkey season's over and the draws are pretty much done with tags in the pocket...How's your training going? Shooting, working out, but need to kick it up some as summer rolls on.... <--------)

Be here before we know it...
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: Training...

Post by sneekeepete » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 am

Here is my training update... I am out of my sling and beginning strength and range of motion therapy on my shoulder. I am gaining ground quickly but painfully. I am hoping to be able to draw my bow by July 15.
Still battling with Naval Hospital to schedule my ankle surgery asap so I can heal quick enough to be mobile for my trip to Utah this fall.
Since jogging/running and weight training is out of my aresenal of preparation tools I have been swimming laps 3 times a week.
I should be able to begin shooting my 22-250 in a week or to and begin getting my shoulder in shape for more practice with my hunting rifle.
Hope everyone else is having good results and gaining more ground then me!
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:39 pm

I had been nearly passing out when drawing 70 pounds (from old spinal injuries) so I'm back to a 50 pound bow for most of my shooting. I'm consistently over 200 in the 20 target 3-D league and go home with money in my pocket most nights. I guess my amateur status is in serious jeopardy. lol I'm getting back into the heavy bow now and then. I think it'll work if I don't shoot it too much. I have an Az archery bull tag so I need the extra weight. The tag is in a unit that isn't on fire at this time and lots of the bigger bulls from the adjoining units may find a new home there. There will be so many I'll probably have to push them out of the way by September. :thumb There's about 650 square miles burned so far. :>/ The rest of my usual training is going well. Running, stairclimber, weights. I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in.
God bless you Pete. Hope you kill a good one!
Mark

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Thanks Mark! I look forward to hearing about your fall. I always enjoy your posts and hope you get to stick a hog bull!
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC

'Ike'
3 point
3 point

Post by 'Ike' » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Pete, that's good to hear don't push it though...
2010 & 2011 Destroyer 340 - HardWoods HD
BlackGold Sights, RipCord Rest, CarbonTech Shafts, G5 and BuckNasty Strings

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 am

Ike you sound like my doctor and Therapist! lol
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC

Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 am

Im still waiting to see if i drew any tags for wyoming and idaho. So far its looking like OTC PUBLIC Land Madhouse. Come on tags!!!

spoofman
Spike
Spike

Post by spoofman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:46 am

fortunately i will have a southern unit deer tag for Utah through the dedicated hunter program that is going by the way side next year. The unit thing will mess everything for the way i used to hunt the southern region. I hunt on about 4 different units pending on my scouting before hand and now that option will be out for next year. I do also have a hunt in Idaho during the rut so that should be exciting. I do need to be out shooting more but am in the middle of moving my residence to the central portion of Utah. My wife has been practicing and keeping up on her skills. !!!Jealous!!!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 am

Ran a half marathon a few weeks ago.......once completed, my training routine has slowed a bit..........still running, but only about 15-18 miles a week. Shooting about 2 times a week (providing they're good practice sessions). I've taken a few scouting trips to the local hills to check on the bucks, but nothing too strenuous.......it's starting to get HOT in my part of the country, so some of those miles may decrease even more. #-o
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

spoofman
Spike
Spike

Post by spoofman » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:42 am

Float tubing is great exercise and rehab for my knee as i found out. my legs burned after a few hours of fighting the wind and my knees felt great like they did when i was in rehab