Utah LE Elk

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
woody622
Fawn
Fawn

Utah LE Elk

Post by woody622 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:13 am

I got lucky enough to draw the Archery LE Elk tag on the Pahvant this year... can't wait for the memories on that mountain this fall.. any suggestions on making time move a little faster [-o<

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Utah LE Elk

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat May 19, 2012 10:37 am

No suggestions, but awesome! Congrats, should be a FUN time.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat May 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Get two or three extra jobs for the summer so that you don't have time to go crazy thinking about it. LOL
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Sun May 20, 2012 9:11 am

Trouble is :-k with a upcoming adventure like you have :thumb time is gonna draaaaaaag. zzz

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:47 pm

waynedevore wrote:Trouble is :-k with a upcoming adventure like you have :thumb time is gonna draaaaaaag. zzz
Then once it starts it will be over far too quickly! I wish it could be the other way around... I wish time leading up to the hunt would fly and then the hunt lasts forever.
Best of luck to you, a cousin-in-law (if that makes sense) had an early rifle tag out there several years back and had a blast.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Wed May 23, 2012 3:12 am

I pray that the feed holds out long enough for the animals to grow some good racks. It's looking to be a dry year already and we are not even through May yet.

the difference.

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Thu May 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Maybe a medically induced coma?? haha jk. I only have a GS deer tag and I already can't stand the wait. I can't imagine how I will be once I actually draw a LE tag. You're going to have a blast out there!

JimmyB
Spike
Spike

Post by JimmyB » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13 am

a_bow_nut wrote:I pray that the feed holds out long enough for the animals to grow some good racks. It's looking to be a dry year already and we are not even through May yet.
After seeing video from his scouting trip last week I'd say they are eating like kings!
Shooter McGavin

muzzlehunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by muzzlehunter » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:48 am

I had a LE elk tag last year. My suggestion dont rush it, enjoy every minute. Because once it gets here you will wonder why it went by so fast! Good luck on your hunt!

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 pm

JimmyB wrote:
a_bow_nut wrote:I pray that the feed holds out long enough for the animals to grow some good racks. It's looking to be a dry year already and we are not even through May yet.
After seeing video from his scouting trip last week I'd say they are eating like kings!

That's good to hear. I would hate to see anybody else go through what my brothers friend went through on that unit. He drew that tag a couple of years after my brother had the same tag and it turned out to be a summer like this. He hunted hard for days but all of the nice sized elk had huge racks up till their fourths then above that they tapered off quick. It almost made them look out of balance.

I can't wait to see what he gets. Have helped a few people on their hunts down there and can say that there are some huge bulls on that unit.

the difference.