Usernames

Talk related to anything & everything.
brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Usernames

Post by brn2hunt » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:48 pm

I am not sure if this has been done on here or not, but I thought I would give it a try anyways. some of our usernames are easy to understand. But some arent and I thought it would be cool for everyone to share how they got their usernames or how they came up with them. It could start up some good stories.
Mine is fairly easy to comprehend. Brn2hunt, Came up with it years ago and it stuck. I feel like I was born to be a hunter as it is the thing I love to do most!
"Ne A La Chasse"

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Re: Usernames

Post by ridgetop » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:33 am

Here's my story.
Several years ago, I first used my last name as my user name but then one day I was doing a job for Sigourney Weaver's brother. He told me that she had changed her name because of a street sign she once saw( Sigourney Drive) Her real given name was something like "Mary Jane"? I know it was a more common name. Anyway, one day shortly after that, I saw a street sign called "ridgetop drive" and I thought that Ridgetop would be a cool user name, since that's where you will usually find me glassing for wildlife each summer and fall.
There's always next year

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:14 am

Mine is fairly simple. I live in Springville, Ut. and shooting is my thing. While I like to hunt alot, my emphasis has always been on accuracy and marksmanship. While I enjoy precision long-range marksmanship the best, I practice all types of shooting from pistols to shotguns. Turn me loose with a red ryder BB gun and a box of BBs and watch me go for hours.......especially if there are grasshoppers in the back yard. So I live in Springville and live to shoot......Springville Shooter. ------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

spoofman
Spike
Spike

Post by spoofman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:11 pm

mine is nothing to do with hunting.....in my younger days I played some online role playing games and i would intentionally go into those games to goof off an irritate people...thus spoof...man....

elklover
Spike
Spike

Post by elklover » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 am

I like elk hunts that's why mine is elklover.
Find Best Exotic Deer hunting options.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:49 pm

Well, my name is Brian, and when I was younger,I, was pretty lucky on filling my tags, so some friends stated calling me killer"b", that name was taken, so killerbee, was as close as I can get. I wish I could switch, that was18 years ago, or so, now I'd like to be known as "the guy who beats 9er every year in fantasy football" , but since he's a moderator,I don't think it will work out.............. :-)

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Not sure I ought to share mine, but oh well. Given the chance to go back and change it, I suspect I would. My first name is Jeffrey and I was in high school during the well documented cannibal case of Jeffrey Dahmer. My buddies started calling me Dahlmer, which obviously isn't completely accurate, but it stuck. Sorry...kind of morbid.

gizmo1
2 point
2 point

Post by gizmo1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Well my last name is Grimland but it is pronounced like the movie creatures Gremlin. Gizmo was the main character in the movies and my best friend started to call me Gizmo because I am short ( 5'6) and furry. So Gizmo stuck.
Romans 13: 1-4

Tyewire
2 point
2 point

Post by Tyewire » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Well, for my username I used a work reference because all the cool hunting names were taken like "Bowhntr" and "Killerbee". I am a Journeyman lineman by trade and tie wire is just that. Wire used to tie in other conductors. It is also a code word we use for a pretty lady that walks by on the job site. lol
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Big Moose
Spike
Spike

Post by Big Moose » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:32 pm

I got mine from my Dad. He started calling me Moose when I was a teenager. He got it from the old Archie and Veronica comic books. The character was big and dumb. I guess that's me... lol

Moose
Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up