WHATS YOUR 2015 HUNTING PLANS

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
jdeck555
Fawn
Fawn

Re: WHATS YOUR 2015 HUNTING PLANS

Post by jdeck555 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:58 am

Drew unit 2B rifle deer in NM for the second time in 3 years and also drew oryx and javalina tags. Not settling for a small buck in 2B again this year, I am going to scout hard and look for a big boy. Really excited for the oryx hunt too. Also finally starting to see the quail population rebound in NM, so I will be chasing tiny birds across many miles of desert!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:22 am

I'll be chasing velvet clad mule deer in NV during the archery season (August). I'll also be hunting rutting whitetail in Kansas the first week of November.
Maybe I'll draw a CA Tule Elk tag and get to chase them too? :) (dreaming)
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

ABert

Post by ABert » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:44 pm

I'll be waiting for the leftover tags list to come out and then standing in line trying to get something.

Needless to say, I didn't draw anything. Worse comes to worse I'll get an OTC bull tag.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

mjensen1313
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mjensen1313 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:32 pm

last year was my first year hunting for Muley's since I was 12..27 years later, I got my first buck. Will do more scouting this year, but drew out for the same Wasatch, West. We will hit the same area as we saw plenty of Bucks.

Don't like the crowds...get out of the truck! Hike in at LEAST a mile off the road.

mapleton archer
2 point
2 point

Post by mapleton archer » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:28 pm

I drew the Fishlake Plateau Limited Entry Bull Archery. Already pulled the first pics off the three trail cams that are up and have alot of hits. Its going to be a good year!!!

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:46 pm

mapleton archer wrote:I drew the Fishlake Plateau Limited Entry Bull Archery. Already pulled the first pics off the three trail cams that are up and have alot of hits. Its going to be a good year!!!
Pics man pics.

Just got my cameras out a couple of weeks ago for my Pahvant bull tag. Chomping at the bit to go and check them.

Can't believe that there are only 27 days left till the hunt.

Good luck everybody.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

lancetkenyon
Fawn
Fawn

Post by lancetkenyon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:26 pm

My younger daughter (13 y.o.) and my cousin have the same bull elk hunt in November, so I will be trying to get two bulls on the ground this fall.
My cousin also drew a Kaibab deer tag, so I will be helping on that one too.
My older daughter (24 y.o) and her husband both drew deer tags, but we are waiting to find out what unit and what hunt. So I will be helping on that hunt too,
I have to wait and see if my younger daughter, wife, or I drew any deer tags too.
So I have a busy fall planned.

mapleton archer
2 point
2 point

Post by mapleton archer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:04 pm

a_bow_nut wrote:
mapleton archer wrote:I drew the Fishlake Plateau Limited Entry Bull Archery. Already pulled the first pics off the three trail cams that are up and have alot of hits. Its going to be a good year!!!
Pics man pics.

Just got my cameras out a couple of weeks ago for my Pahvant bull tag. Chomping at the bit to go and check them.

Can't believe that there are only 27 days left till the hunt.

Good luck everybody.
I have lots of 10 sec video clips but they are on a google drive not sure how to post them.

lancetkenyon
Fawn
Fawn

Post by lancetkenyon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Holy cow. My daughter drew a 12AE October deer tag too. Going to be a great year.

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:56 pm

I have a general muzzleloader buck deer tag, a general OTC muzzleloader any bull tag, and cow elk tag all for the same area as the family cabin in Utah.
I also have a pair of unit 99 doe pronghorn tags in Wyoming. This was my first foray into applying in a state outside of UT.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore