MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Eastern NM hunter
Spike
Spike

Post by Eastern NM hunter » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:53 am

Hey Guys/Gals, I'm Eastern NM hunter, born and raised in NM's northern mountains, but been down in NM's SE corner for 4 yrs now. I love to hunt elk and muleys, and love to fish...................

Wharpoley
Spike
Spike

Post by Wharpoley » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:43 am

Hi folks. The names Mike. I currently live on and work here at the USAF Academy in Colorado Springs. Born and raised in southern Ca. I've lived in Northern Wi, as well as Southern Id. I have been a rifle hunter most of my life. Mainly whitetails but since getting stationed here at the Academy i have done one archery muley hunt and one rifle elk hunt and will be doing some coyote hunting through the year.

akw270

Post by akw270 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:04 am

Seeing that I was specifically called out by name in BOHNTR's post, yes I'm still alive and check the forum often. School, and getting married has been keeping me busy! I put in this year for southern utah rifle, and paunsegaunt bow. This is my first shot at a bow hunt! Should make ya proud right BOHNTR? :) Of course I won't draw, but a point is a point.

tcoker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tcoker » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:55 am

Here... Todd Coker from Kennesaw, Georgia. LONG way from mule deer country, but I tried it once and got bit by the bug BADLY. I grew up hunting whitetails/turkey/duck and about any small game in season. We have tons of whitetail and a ton of eastern turkeys but there is something inspiring about hunting out west. I have hunted Ga,Al,Ms,In,Mo. And for Mulies and Goats i've only hunted Wyoming!!! Thank God for an understanding wife. Been around MM for a couple years, # 315.
It's easier to score em' once they're hanging on the wall!!!

aztalldrink
Fawn
Fawn

Post by aztalldrink » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:20 pm

Sneaky, I have family in Cahone,Co. The Johnson's. Anyway have hunted your neck in the woods several times and always enjoyed it up by Glade mountain. Anyway I'm in Avondale,AZ have hunted Alaska, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Woyoming. Hunt with Bow, Rifle, Muzzle Loader and Handguns. Been Hunting Couers deer the last 6 years as the Mule deer tags are getting very hard to come by here in AZ.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:00 pm

Great posts folks....keep them coming!

akw270:

Nice to see you still around..........and welcome to the bowhunting world. Glad you decided to veture from the "dark side". :) I think you'll have a lot of fun with it.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

IDHunter
2 point
2 point

Post by IDHunter » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:58 pm

My name is Paul and I'm 29.
I grew up in Salt Lake but moved to Idaho Falls about two years ago. I've actually only been an Idaho resident now for about 6 months. My first love is bowhunting, and flyfishing, but I'm not opposed to hunting with a gun. Since being in Idaho I've learned quite a few things about hunting and fishing. First, it's possible to harvest an elk every year that's bigger than a spike. Second, bears are the most frustrating animal to hunt with a bow. (You know they're there, but you never see them during the day.) Third, the Provo and the Weber are tiny rivers.
Last edited by IDHunter on Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elko
2 point
2 point

Post by Elko » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:43 am

I am 26 years old and currently living in Enterprise, Ut just north of St. George. I was born and raised in St. George and love the area. It's a beautiful area and the hills are close by. I will be gradutating from college in May and I am looking forward to having more time to spend in the hills. I am on the site almost everyday reading what everyone has to say and I enjoy reading everyones great posts and comments but I don't post as much as most of the others. :)

hobbes
Fawn
Fawn

Post by hobbes » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:17 pm

My name is Shane and I'm soon to be 37 yrs old. I just moved to Avon, CO back in August of 2006. I'm originally from Southern IL and had lived there the last 36 years of my life.

I had made a few elk hunting trips (bowhunts) to CO over the last six years and had an incredible desire to make the mountains my home. I never really thought I would get up the nerve to actually do it. After watching the job boards and never really getting serious about it, I happend to see a job posting for an Engineering position with the Town of Avon. It happend at the right time and place and before I new it, we as a family decided to make the move. We haven't regretted it yet. Would be nice to sell the house in IL though.

I have never hunted Mule Deer or half the Big Game out here for that matter, but I'm exited about the upcoming season. This will be my first Mule Deer hunt. I'm applying for an archery tag here in CO near the Avon/Eagle area. I can't wait for this fall.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:58 pm

hobbes, WELCOME TO MULEYMADNESS!! Glda to have ya aboard and I look forward to hearing how your hunts go.

Great group of guys here as you may already know after lookin' through the posts. If ya have any questions or concerns please ASK! We'll see what we can do about pointing you in the right direction.