Monster
Monster

Post by kadejones2 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:17 pm

i just have to say that i hope you dont turn into them

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Sun May 13, 2007 11:45 pm

I haven't had the misfortune of witnessing poaching yet, but my dad got cheated out of a buck because of it. He and my uncle had sat and watched a buck feeding on private land for several days. At times, he got as close as five feet from the fence, but refused to jump into public land. They both said this buck was the biggest buck they've seen to this day. Some elk hunters drove up and asked them "how big that elk was down there?" When my uncle and dad informed the elk hunters that that "elk" was actually a mule deer, the elk hunters' jaws dropped. When my dad and uncle arrived the next morning, tire tracks drove up to the fence, the fence was cut, a fresh gut pile was sitting there, and the bruiser was gone. The guys with elk tags drove up and shot that buck on private land in the middle of the night. In the end, my dad and uncle wasted most of their hunt waiting for this buck, only to find out it got shot in the middle of the night!

StickFlicker
3 point
3 point

Post by StickFlicker » Mon May 14, 2007 6:42 pm

Loco,

My guess is that they didn't report that to the authorities, though they should have. Since they talked to them directly, had vehicle descriptions, etc. there probably would have been a great chance of catching them!

Arizona Game and Fish Dept. just recently sent out an email survey on poaching, asking if we had ever witnessed it, and if so if we turned them in. If not, they were asking why not.
Official Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett & Longhunter Society Measurer,
Records Chairman, Bowhunting In Arizona Record Book

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:15 am

Ya know friend or not if some one put my privleges of hunting anf fishing in jeopardy I would turn them in.

I would andnot just for some points or tag but the fact that being with the person at the time of incident and not reprting it is the same as being involved in the poaching according to most Fish and Game agenices.

I do have a good friend who I question on his hunting ethics because I dont think he is legit on some of the animals he has taken. I would love to take him out here in the west sometime but avoid it by all means because I cant trust his actions in the field.
(???) (???)
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

younggun
Spike
Spike

Post by younggun » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:02 am

i was walking through a feild to get a favourite whitetail spot and i get blinded by a couple of poachers at 4 in the morning 1 1/2 before day light. Thankgod i was wearing a red had and red undershirt. I wouldn't be able to stand having the thought of poaching something in the back of my mind.
I've climbed 2 mountains. Found this guy, camped out on top of the world. I'm goin to get that ram. Thoughts of a commited sheep hunter. Work the next day, who cares, wife or girlfriend, THANK GOD! i'm hunting sheep and not at home.

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:09 pm

Personally, i have to agree with Abert here.

Do it annonymously, you are only enableling them by not saying anything and they are slapping you in the face and infringing on your rights and hunting future. =;
If they want to poach that's their business and their consequences, but doing it with other family around should not be tolerated.
Just remember this.....you are an accessorie if you in camp and the sh*t hits the fan. :nono:
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:43 am

Just remember this.....you are an accessorie if you in camp and the sh*t hits the fan.

Exactly
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:52 am

i have pochers in the family. they poche for food manly never for trophy.
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:59 pm

Poaching for a trophy or food.....one in the same. :222
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

Show_Me_Your_Rack
2 point
2 point

Post by Show_Me_Your_Rack » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:48 pm

well as alot of you have seen my rabbits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got a poaching fee that only costs $1,538 not to mention my mission is on the line now i go to court over all this september 26th and i am supose to leave october 3rd!?!?!?! yeah it aint worth it even on stupid cottton tails!!!!!!!! :dumb :dumb :dumb :dumb :dumb :dumb :dumb :dumb
The situation is you aren’t going to kill a big buck unless there’s a big buck where your huntin!!!