Bad way to go.

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:19 pm

I would bet that the lack of water is what did him in first. As I was looking at the pictures again I noticed that his back leg is still there. That would tell me that the coyotes didn't get to him to much if at all. If they had the rest of his body would have been scattered out more. You could show this to all the anti's that you wanted to and they would just say that that is nature at work and that it's ok. It's just not ok for you to hunt. nono
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:03 pm

It's true a_bow_nut - I just wish those retards would figure out that WE ARE A PART OF NATURE!!! Humans have been harvesting animals since the beginning of time, ever since there have been humans here it's been that way. Anyways, thats a completely different topic, I guess water would have gotten him first - Nice observation on the back leg tellin you about coyotes. What do you think happened to the whole body and neck though? I mean sure, lots of stuff could have decomposed, but the whole hide on the body/neck is gone - Somethin had to have chewed on him at least a little? (I'm close to as dumb as they come, so don't laugh at me anyone, just try hard to be nice and not make me feel too bad about my stupidity :) )

twodogs2025
Fawn
Fawn

Post by twodogs2025 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Ol' ma nature can sure be cruel but I guess thats life. Too bad some lucky hunter couldn't have punched a tag on him.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:44 am

My guess would be that maggots got the most of him. The other scavengers would have taken their turns also. Scavengers like bobcats, magpies, hawks, and eagles. most of these will eat on a corpse with out scattering it about. It's not a matter of being stupid it's just a matter of learning. I've been lucky enough to have a family that was patient enough to teach me about things like this. Look at what you have learned so far just from this post. Every day we learn new things some good and some bad but we still learn. :)

the difference.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:20 pm

Huh - Yeah, you're probably right. I had no idea about yotes scattering bones and bobcats not (is that just like a dog and cat thing? LIke bobcats, mt. lions, leopards, etc.. wont scatter bones but all the dogs like yotes, those wild dogs they have in africa, or other dog species all will scatter a corpse?).

Regardless of what got 'em and what chewed on him after he died, thats one heck of a buck!! It's a shame he went this way.

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:29 pm

wow

9er

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:35 pm

Yes Yes. It's to bad that this had to happen. I think the deal about the bones being scattered is because the dog run in packs and are used to having to fight for what have to eat. cats on the other hand are a solitary hunter and as long as there is no immediate threat they will just sit down and eat.

the difference.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:28 am

huh, nice insight - makes sence to me. thanks bow nut

bigshot
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bigshot » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:36 pm

Ya someone emailed those to me also. Nasty way to go. He looked decent to.
Cheryl