well i am back from my moose hunt, tag filled!

Talk anything related to the above listed big game.
AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Re: well i am back from my moose hunt, tag filled!

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:04 pm

Just got home and saw the pix Ox....AWESOME!

Again, CONGRATS!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:30 pm

Agreed, he does kinda have Elk look to his rack...cool bull though. Nice and wide, congrats on a job well done. Excellent work.

MULEY7MM
4 point
4 point

Post by MULEY7MM » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:20 pm

Nice bull i would be happy with that :thumb
Glad to be back...

http://www.troutjournal.com

OCF
Fawn
Fawn

Post by OCF » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:51 pm

I have the same Wasatch moose tag this year. I have only hunted a couple of days counted probably 18 moose - 12 bulls. Most bulls are yearlings to 30-inch spreads. I am having the same problem as you, not finding the larger bulls. Hunted Wildcat this past saturday (saw zilch), however, ran into 2 other moose hunters. One guy mentioned that he was seeing moose & larger bulls high above the tree line, he had a photo of a fairly nice one 42-45 inches wide.

Not sure where the big bulls are hiding out. Normally you see several large moose in Wildcat, maybe it is too early?? Hopefully, the big bulls will come down to the cows this week for the rut?? We have seen 6 cows & only one had a bull in tow. Getting the leaves off the trees should make the spotting easier in October.

Anyway - nice bull. :thumb With the price of gas/diesel it makes for a pretty expensive hunt - I can sympathize with your wanting to get the hunt over.

Anyone else sees a decent moose during the muzzleloader or elk hunts I would be interested in hearing about it. Thanks.

OCF
(Obsessive Compulsive Fisherman)

OCF
Fawn
Fawn

Post by OCF » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:58 pm

one last question - do you think there is 8-inches of hair between the horns. I am try to field judge the width on some of these moose?

OCF

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:29 pm

OCF,

Welcome and best of luck. Not much help on your tag though! Hope the big ones start appearing.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:26 pm

Good job on getting your Bull! =D> Looks like a full freezer for the OX family.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:35 pm

hahahaha hank williams ya thats my step dad he actually gets the charlie daniels one a lot too lol. but anyway thanks guys appreciate the comments . yes freezer ful;l f deer moose and my parents just butchered one of our cows too so we have way way too much meat lol.

ocf. i started seein alot of moose behind heber, check out the west fork of the duschene river. lotta good area and no one was hunting on it. and mill hollow they have been high up i shot this bull going up center street in heber until you got on to the unita he was only a couple miles from the corrals when you get on to forest land. and down that mill hollow road someone told me they seen two nice bulls after i already shot mine down near the ranger sation. i would check all that area and i think they have been hangin in the higher stuff . o check out along strawberry river just barely up the road like a mile or two there were two bulls there watch all that flats along the tree line on the left side of the road when heading up they were in there probabl mid 30s bull small palms i think a 5x6

6x6 bull
3 point
3 point

Post by 6x6 bull » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:00 am

Great Job Ox!!!!!! No bull moose in my opinion is a dink. Thats a great bull, big time congrats.

Jagermeister
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Jagermeister » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Nice Bull. This is the same Tag I have this year - But I'm Still out there looking for the Big Boys for now!! I have been finding the same results - either dont find any or there just a bunch of small boys chasing the cows. Hopefully I will find him this weekend!!!