WOULD YOU HUNT WOLVES??????

Talk anything related to predators.
Mack Daddy Muley
Spike
Spike

Re: WOULD YOU HUNT WOLVES??????

Post by Mack Daddy Muley » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:12 am

Are you saying they should illegally shoot the wolves they see while hunting just to give you a picture...? I may be in the back country by myself, but my morals will come into play here. I will NOT shoot a wolf without a proper tag, if I were to go back into military or something, I would have that wolf I shot in my head when they ask, "have you ever broke the law....." No thanks. I am heading to Challis soon and will have my camera on standby just for you, so you can see what I have seen. One particular occasion I was horseback and saw four wolves chase down a doe, kill her, played with her, and left. "Dogs" do that, and by "dogs" i mean wolves. Needless to say I put my horse in the trailer and left. Last thing I need is for them to come into camp and kill my horse for sport. She stays tied up, perfect for a fast, fun, kill. I have seen elk with neck wounds lying dead during hunting season. One elk calf came into our camp for protection. I guess she figured it was better to stay with us then to be chased by wolves. She came in one night around one am. We watched her all night to see if the wolf would come in after her, luckly for her, it didn't. She stayed within 100 yards of camp while we were there. We couldn't bring ourselves to shoot her even though we had cow tags. During that day we followed her tracks back to some buck brush where we found wolf tracks like it had been pacing back and forth waiting for her. It must have got discused and left. I will add there was a good couple inches of snow on the ground for good tracking. Its instances like those that have caused my way of thinking. Again, these wolves are not our native wolves. Another thorn in my side. Who knows, I might feel differently if they were timberwolves, our native wolves. I guess we may never know.
"Save a Mule Deer, Kill a Wolf!"

supersider34
Spike
Spike

Post by supersider34 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:55 pm

You got poaching out of my response?????? WOW. Read it several times and nothing there flashed that.
As far as the species of wolf that they transplanted. Another one of the topics that guy brought up in his ramblings. So if they put back the same species that was here it would be ok. That a funny arguement.

I have seen and read some of the stories of the hunters on this site and I would be more fearful to have them in my hunting area's than some wolves. These hunters I have alot of respect for and I consider them more of a predator than a whole pack of wolves. Doesnt matter what state they are from. I guess if they are not from Idaho I would not worry. LOL

Mack Daddy Muley
Spike
Spike

Post by Mack Daddy Muley » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:20 pm

lol Poaching wolves... na, j/k. However I said it might be different if they were our native wolves. I didn't say it would be ok if only if only they were timberwolves.. like the hound on the vid. Just a thorne in my side that I just can't seem to shake loose.
"Save a Mule Deer, Kill a Wolf!"

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:53 pm

supersider34
I have seen and read some of the stories of the hunters on this site and I would be more fearful to have them in my hunting area's than some wolves.
You need to quit reading my stories, your making me look bad. :))

Buck Fever
3 point
3 point

Post by Buck Fever » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:57 pm

All I have to say about the situation is you can bet I will have a wolf tag in my pocket this fall!! :222 :222
Must be mentally focused at all times!!

sagebrush
Spike
Spike

Post by sagebrush » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:06 am

I dont think i would expressly go out just for a wolf.. as I ALREADY HAVE TAKEN ONE.. A GIGANITIC CANADIAN TIMBER WOLF.. AND HAVE IT NICELY DONE AS A PELT.. AND IT WAS THE WOLFS OWN
FAULT.. I WAS CALLING COYOTES... HE SHOWED UP...ACTED REALLY PISSY..AND STOMPED RIGHT UP TO ME AND SNARLED.. GUESS HE THOUGHT I "HAD HIS RABBIT" ...LOL ... SO HE GOT A 17 REMINGTON
ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT AT ABOUT 20 FEET... SOLVED HIS PROBLEM RIGHT THERE.... IF HE HAD MINDED
HIS OWN BEESWAX.. HE COULD STILL BE CHASIN BUNNIES IN THE GREAT WHITE NORTH....

SINCE THERE IS PRACTICALLY AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF COYOTES....ILL JUST STICK WITH THEM...

Twitch
Spike
Spike

Post by Twitch » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:09 am

Nope, I personally wouldn't. I don't have any problem with them being hunted though.

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:46 am

Wolves have their place in the national parks and the wilderness up north where people do not control herd numbers like they do in the lower 48. Keep the wolves there and I have no problem with them. Let them loose on all public lands and soon we won't have deer or elk to hunt. Also what about all the free grazing cattle we have here in the west. I can only imagine what kind hay day wolves have when they get into a herd of cattel or sheep. As long as they keep spreading the more tags need to be given out.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

utahpredator_7
Spike
Spike

Post by utahpredator_7 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:25 pm

I'd kill every freakin' one I see, if they end up here. If they want to unjustly put them here, without the consent of the general public, and destroy the rest of our hunting, we'll kill however many wolves we want to make up for it. That wouldn't bother me one bit, if they get rid of our other hunting oppurtunities, we'll make it known that it isn't right and we aren't going to take their crap. It's just one more card they're playing against hunting and firearms. We don't need wolves here, and wolves don't need to be here.
We should let druggies overdose, gays get married, and in a couple generations there would be no more democrats!

cwp
Spike
Spike

Post by cwp » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:39 pm

In a heartbeat! Buty I probably couldnt get a tag for one of those either.
Cory