Well, 14 more days and I am no longer in Uniform/Job update

Talk related to anything & everything.
ABert

Re: Well, 14 more days and I am no longer in Uniform/Job update

Post by ABert » Wed May 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Hawk,
Just a heads up on the hearing. I thought I had that one guaranteed as my base line had been changed after spending 15 years in the pit. I thought it was a no brainer. Boy, was I wrong. The hearing test I took with the VA still showed that I had lost some of my hearing but was considered in the "normal" range for someone in my age group.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Re: Well, 14 more days and I am no longer in Uniform/Job update

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu May 21, 2009 7:21 am

Thanks ABert, I'll remember that. I have Tinnitus, which I was told is an automatic 10% and can climb depending on severity, and have had to pull my application for two different jobs because of where my hearing now stands. I know, that doesn't mean a whole lot when dealing with the VA, but I will certainly be speaking to them about that. After all, if I am excluded from certain jobs because of it wouldn't it then be considered a disability?! LOL

Really, there isn't a lot wrong with me (No wise cracks on that one!) other than that and the nerve issue in my neck. My knees are not near what they used to be but they are still functional so I doubt that will go anywhere.

Man, I guess I shoulda got hurt more often while I was on duty!