NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

5 black bears shot in Utah

Post by NotEnufTags » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:12 pm

I saw this story on KSL.com

Here's a link

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7173629
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Re: 5 black bears shot in Utah

Post by CodeRED » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:35 pm

I just read this... Wish they would've given out more tags.
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

300 wsm
Spike
Spike

Post by 300 wsm » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:22 pm

How many tags do they give out for the state?
ROCKY MOUNTAIN BOUND

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:15 pm

In my opinion this is a shame. Here is the link to the Channel 2 news
http://www.kutv.com/content/news/local/ ... bIueg.cspx

If you ask me there are a few to many people freaking out this year because of the boy that was killed last year ( or the year before, I can not remember when it happend ) so now some one sees a bear and automaticaly thinks that it is threatening them. So they call the authorites and all of a sudden a whole campground is closed, come on people lets be smart about this.

Just my opinion, take it for what its worth.
Deadi

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:02 am

They sure went overboard last week when someone saw a black bear just off the Provo river parkway trail. If someone sees a bear in yellowstone they don't shut the park down. Its one thing if the bear is aggressive and attacking, but just because you see it in the habitat where it resides doesn't make it an emergency IMO.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

Top_Pin
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Top_Pin » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:21 pm

CodeRED wrote:I just read this... Wish they would've given out more tags.
It has nothing to do with need of issueing more tags, all these are young bears that have probably just been kicked out by there Mother this year and are looking for food and a place to hang out. People need to realize when they go to Hills they may see a bear. I agree ever since that kid was attacked ( by a 400lb Bruin ) people have been freakin out everytime they see one.Also people need to clean up there #@$%%^% camp sites.

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:07 pm

Top_Pin wrote:
CodeRED wrote:I just read this... Wish they would've given out more tags.
It has nothing to do with need of issueing more tags, all these are young bears that have probably just been kicked out by there Mother this year and are looking for food and a place to hang out. People need to realize when they go to Hills they may see a bear. I agree ever since that kid was attacked ( by a 400lb Bruin ) people have been freakin out everytime they see one.Also people need to clean up there #@$%%^% camp sites.

Totaly agree, you drive through some of these camp sites and campgrounds and there is food alover the place.
Deadi

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:13 pm

A fed bear is a dead bear. They need to ticket those folks who are leaving food all over. Tie your food high, in the trees or leave it in the truck. It's also smart not to sleep in the clothes that you cooked dinner with. I know you guys know this but a lot of people that camp don't. They should also post signs at all of the campgrounds. Bear always take the path of least resistance and the easy path to food. That is sad about that boy getting killed. We had one a number of years ago break through a guys camper door and kill him. He managed to get a 30-30 bullet into the bear, but it wasn't enough to run the bear off.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

RHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by RHunter » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:42 am

They should have given out more tags, I didnt draw out, and one of those could have been mine. What a shame