Idaho Wolf Hunt Success?

Talk anything related to predators.
Huge29
2 point
2 point

Re: Idaho Wolf Hunt Success?

Post by Huge29 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:08 pm

killerbee wrote:
GPWDeer wrote:I haven't bought a tag yet...waiting to see what the judge says.

I thought for sure we would get more than this the first couple days. Three is good, but I wish it was 300.

I wonder how many hunters will practice on a couple before they tag one????? lol
really, with never being able to hunt them before , you HAVE TO have at least one, maybe 2 practise animals before it all " goes down" right??

i hope every hunter shoots at at leat 10 animals , i hope all the hunters only find the last one :thumb
I certainly would not condone illegal activity, but be sure to shoot all LARGE coyotes on site and stack them high, no rules about them.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:24 pm

One down, many more to go!!

===========================================================================

First kill reported in Idaho wolf hunt
Posted: Sep 01, 2009 2:27 PM PDT
Updated: Sep 01, 2009 6:24 PM PDT
LEWISTON -- The first kill of the nation's first legal wolf hunt in decades has been reported in Lewiston, Idaho.

Officials with the Department of Fish and Game in Boise confirm that an adult female wolf was killed in the Lolo Zone north of Highway 12 on the way to Lolo, Montana.

Hunter Robert Millage, a real estate agent from Kamiah, recorded the first kill on an adult female wolf. He said early Tuesday afternoon that he was hunting in the Lolo National Forest when he heard a pack of wolves howling just after dawn. Using a coyote call he lured the wolf out of the weeds about 30 yards away from him and he took the shot.

Millage took the wolf to the Lewiston office of Fish and Game for verification. Fish and Game officials took a tooth from the wolf in order to do biological sampling and also tagged the wolf's pelt so a taxidermist would know it was killed legally.

The first - and as of 5 pm the only - kill came shortly after hunters in Idaho could begin tracking and shooting at wolves just before sunrise Tuesday in select hunting districts in the state's central and northern mountains. Idaho set a quota of 220 wolves this season as part of its plan for managing the population.

While the first kill has been reported it remains uncertain how much longer Idaho's hunt will be legal. U.S. District Judge Donald Molloy in Montana is considering a motion for an injunction sought by groups opposed to the hunts in Idaho and Montana.

Montana's season is scheduled to begin September 15th and hunters there began buying wolf tags Monday.
Attachments
IMG_5244ed_standalone_prod_affiliate_36.jpg
IMG_5244ed_standalone_prod_affiliate_36.jpg (179.71 KiB) Viewed 3387 times

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Nice! My step-father wanted a tag but said something about Non-Residents not getting any thing year or something. We're headed up to Salmon ID this October for their Rifle Deer hunt. He's seen a couple Wolves up there in previous years Elk hunts. Too bad we cant shoot at one of them too!
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-