montana bans trail cameras??

Talk related to anything & everything.
lv2hunt
Fawn
Fawn

Re: montana bans trail cameras??

Post by lv2hunt » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:27 am

I am not a fan of trail cams in abundance. I live in northern AZ and I have seen and heard of them causing problems between people in the field. They are a great tool if you choose to use them. They are fun also.But all to often a small minority choose to abuse/ or over use, if you wish. Flooding an area with cameras in an attemt to find and pattern that monster. Or they think because they they have a camera on aspot that they own that spot until they are done with it. We are all in the game for similar purposes, and I for one don't like being on camera while in the woods being watched everywhere else is enough. IMO banning them isn't infringing on your rights. In Az you cant bait bears, your hunting rifle has to be under a certain weight(no 50BMG),you cant hunt with a spotlight. I know some of these things are legal in some places but not here,no one here says they are infringing on thier rights they are just the rules

Tonoonyi
3 point
3 point

Post by Tonoonyi » Thu May 06, 2010 5:21 pm

My Avatar photo was taken with my trail camera. I have never used it to hunt and never will, but this to me is the same as outlawing guns because people kill each other with them, so hunting with them would be illegal.
I think Montana is starting down a slippery slope that will eventually just make it simpler to take hunting off of the table, then they won't have the hassle or argument.
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

mossbak
2 point
2 point

Post by mossbak » Sat May 08, 2010 8:21 am

AGCHAWK is right they are slowly bleeding our rights. They have banned trail cams...what's next? ](*,)
"A Friend Will Stick Closer Then a Brother"

stillhunterman
2 point
2 point

Post by stillhunterman » Sun May 09, 2010 11:16 am

I agree with most on here, think it is a good move on Montana's part. I have no problem with trail cam's in the off season. Most hunters already have a good idea of what kind of critters will be in the area before they start hunting...if not, maybe some more boot leather should be burned! I sometimes wonder how far technology will be pushed in the hunting world and how hunters will respond to it... and how the various state game departments will respond. Dunno where we should draw the line, or even if one should be drawn, guess that choise will be made by the younger generation of hunters. Me, I am still old school and will go out that way :-k :thumb

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sun May 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Montana sets the bar when it comes to ethical hunting,we cant bait,we dont have a single high fence hunting operation for anything other than buffalo,ect,and now we dont have electronic scouting going on during the hunting seasons.More states should follow our lead and get rid of the crap that has turned hunting into a joke in some states.

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Sun May 09, 2010 2:34 pm

i like colorados huntin laws alot we have set some good rules down and we still have trail cameras and i think its good. to each is own i guess haha
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Sun May 09, 2010 7:57 pm

You are also the birth place of cronic wasting disease and you have a ton of high fence elk just waiting to infect the wild herds you covet,we dont have a single case of CWD in our wild game.

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Mon May 10, 2010 11:32 am

not to be rude or disrespectfull to any one in montana but ied rather hunt colorado over montana anyday i still think we have some of the best hunting around may not have the trophy's that ya'l in utah have but ied rather hunt colorado
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

BIGANTLERGETTER
Spike
Spike

Post by BIGANTLERGETTER » Mon May 10, 2010 11:44 am

nonya how bout yals alternative livestock facility that back in 98 and 99 sent elk to oklahoma that were contaminated with CWD then when all 83 of the elk were destroyed in the winter of 99 for bein sent with CWD 9 of them were proven to have CWD???? so your wild elk herds have not been contaminated yet but you do have the alternative livestock ranches where it is spread from to the wild animals
Hunt til there is nothing to hunt, then go farther and hunt harder the big one will turn up

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Mon May 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Colorado,good 4 u.Big,did you bother to find out where those elk came from during your investigation?Did you think they were captured from Mts wild herds?Did you consider that they were shipped here from some other state like COLORADO?Let me know when you do...And did you not notice how Mt handled it when it did happen?We outlawed the worthless high fence operations that threatened to bring the cwd into our states wild game.We dont have a single case in our WILD GAME,we dont have a single high fence elk hunting operation,problem solved.

heres a little insight into Colorados elk farms...
http://www.rense.com/general25/sent.htm